Referred to as the ‘Food of the God’s’, Bee Pollen is one of nature’s complete foods. Carefully collected by honeybees from the finest pollens (bees are very particular and only collect pollen with high Amino Acid content!), it becomes a concentrated source of every nutrient your body needs.
What makes Bee Pollen special for Weight Loss?
The nutrient density and digestibility of Bee Pollen may help manage your eating habits by moderating appetite and reducing cravings to improve weight loss goals.
Let’s look at the rich composition of bee pollen:
• Vitamins A, C, D, E, and K
• Vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, Folic Acid and B12
• Bioflavanoids – especially Rutin
• Carotenoids – anti-oxidants
• Magnesium, calcium, copper, manganese
• All 8 essential amino acids – at 5-7 times the levels of other high protein foods – about 20% of Bee Pollen is protein
That’s a pretty impressive list and is what makes Bee Pollen a complete food.
But how does Bee Pollen actually work for weight loss?
1. Lecithin is seen as the most active ingredient for weight loss in Bee Pollen, due to its ability to emulsify fats. It helps protect your liver and assists liver function of detoxification. Bile production - necessary for fat digestion - is also improved.
2. Phenylalanine, one of those 8 amino acids, helps suppress appetite.
3. Bee Pollen helps improve your energy by increasing the number of iron carrying red blood cells. For this reason it is used by athletes to improve performance. The flow on effect of more energy is improved mood, less emotional eating and more movement adn exercise - always useful for weight loss!
4. Bee Pollen helps stimulate your metabolism and chemical imbalances (from poor food choices or medications) are reduced.
All in all Bee Pollen is truly a complete and natural superfood and one that is well worth adding to your diet for its wide range of health benefits, including Weight Loss support.