Referred to as the ‘Food of the God’s’, Bee Pollen is one of nature’s complete foods. Carefully collected and processed by honeybees from only the finest pollen (the bees are very particular and collect only pollen with a high Amino Acid content!), it becomes a concentrated rich source of every nutrient your body needs.
So what makes Bee Pollen so special for Weight Loss?
It is actually the nutrient density and digestibility of Bee Pollen that can help you stick to your eating regime, by moderating your appetite and reducing your cravings to reach your weight loss goals.
Let’s look at its rich composition:
• Vitamins A, C, D, E, and K
• Vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, Folic Acid and B12
• Bioflavanoids – especially Rutin
• Carotenoids – anti-oxidants
• Magnesium, calcium, copper, manganese
• All 8 essential amino acids – at 5-7 times the levels of other high protein foods – about 20% of Bee Pollen is protein
That’s a pretty impressive list and is what makes Bee Pollen a complete food.
But how does Bee Pollen actually work for weight loss?
1. Lecithin is often seen as the most active ingredient for weight loss in Bee Pollen, due to its ability to emulsify fats. It helps protect your liver and improves many of its functions including detoxification. Bile production and quality, necessary for the digestion of fats, are improved too.
2. Phenylalanine, one of those 8 amino acids, helps suppress appetite.
3. Bee Pollen has a low Glycemic Index, which means that it does not encourage your body to release Insulin. Insulin resistance is one of the leading causes of weight gain in our society today. It is excess Insulin that creates body fat.
4. Bee Pollen helps improve your energy by increasing the number of iron carrying red blood cells. For this reason it has been used by athletes to improve performance. Increased energy has a flow on effect as it enhances mood and makes you less likely to eat emotionally. It will also make you want to exercise, always useful for Weight Loss too!
5. Your metabolism is stimulated and chemical imbalances (from poor food choices or medications) reduced.
All in all Bee Pollen is truly a complete and natural superfood and one that is well worth adding to your diet for its wide range of health benefits, including Weight Loss support.