If there is one natural food that offers an incredibly wide range of health benefits to the human body, it’s Manuka Honey.
This outstanding honey, obtained from the Manuka bush in the pristine wildlands of New Zealand, can improve your health in a myriad of ways.
It’s not excessively sweet like other honeys, but if you’re looking for a little sweetness with a lot of goodness, Manuka Honey is a tasty natural way to boost your health and general wellbeing.
Here are 5 easy ways you improve your health with Manuka Honey every day:
1. Add it to your breakfast. Spread Manuka Honey on toast, or add to your cereal for a super-healthy start to the day. Manuka Honey not only adds flavor, it stimulates the growth of probiotics – the live microorganisms that support your digestive system. A daily dose may help with digestive issues including acid reflux, heartburn and upset stomach.
2. Just a spoonful of…honey! A spoonful of honey, not sugar, is recommended to inhibit the growth of the nasty bacteria Helicobacter Pylori. These bacteria are the cause of most stomach ulcers, which are commonly and often unsuccessfully treated with antibiotics. According to Dr. Peter Molan of the Honey Research Unit at Waikato University in New Zealand, half a teaspoon of Manuka Honey on an empty stomach can help eradicate Helicobacter Pylori bacteria.
3. Winter warming with a hot cup of tea. A spoonful of Manuka Honey in your hot cup of tea can help ease the symptoms of winter colds and flus. The antibacterial action of Manuka Honey makes it a powerful natural remedy for easing the symptoms of sore throats and colds, and may even help ward them off in future.
4. Sneak it into smoothies. Your kids will benefit from a little Manuka Honey in their fruit smoothies or shakes. Getting kids to eat a healthy nutritious diet can be difficult, so adding a spoonful of Manuka Honey is a great way to increase vitamin and mineral intake and to add antibacterial activity to your kids’ digestive system.
5. Smooth it on your skin. Manuka Honey can work wonders on your skin. Strong antibacterial and antifungal properties make Manuka Honey an excellent disinfectant, help speed the healing process, support cell regeneration and improve skin’s overall appearance. It’s as simple as applying the honey to the affected area!
That’s 5 easy ways you can harness the health benefits of Manuka Honey every day. We’re sure there are plenty more! Indeed, if you have some remedies you’d like to share, please let us know!